Sunday, November 16, 2008

House Mouse with the Paper Monkey Tutorial :-)

My Blick Art Order came in today!! I had ordered the recommended House Mouse colors from Suzy's PaperMonkey Tutorial. I had to take a try at a House Mouse stamp with the new copics and the expert directions. SU! Papers Naturals White, True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, Vintage Violet (I loved the IN COLOR's from 2007) and SU! Designer Series Paper Holiday Thyme. SU! Hodgepodge Hardware SU! Stiched Grosgrain Ribbon Vintage Violet. SU! Stamp "Be Merry" from the "Warm Words" set. House Mouse Stamp "Warm Tree Light". Martha Stewart Craft Star Border Punch. Copic Markers - from now on I will post a picture of the Copics that I use but if you check out PaperMonkey, I tried to duplicate the Brown Mouse and Grey Mouse.
Paper Monkey Tutorial:

Close-up Pix of the Mice...I'm fairly happy with the Grey Mice, my Brown Mice seem kind of orange - could be my camera :-). I'm going to have to work on my Brown Mice copics. I didn't have the best colors for the light and tree but worked with what I had.
Here is Ellen Jareckie's version on www.house-mouse.com

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Hi Deb!
Congrats on your shiny new blog - you will be an addict soon it is quite fun :)

Thank you so much for mentioning my tutorial, I am glad you found it of use.

Pale Sepia is an orange based brown so the mice do tend to be quite warm and yep have an orange tinge. I found plain brown quite dull and it tended to lose the nice definition and details of the mice. If you add more dull ivory or gray to the pale sepia you can tone down the orange.

Personally I love your card and your coloring is fabulous :)

Suzy