Sunday, January 25, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #21 - Color Challenge








At first when I looked at this challenge, I started to think, I don't have those colors, I don't have a good image to work with.......but I think it worked out ok :-). It is my first house mouse challenge with a GRUFFIE. "Stacking Baby Blocks". I colored him with Copic Markers. E21, E55, E43, E53, and E33. Still working on making the fur POP. I colored him brown since I don't really have the shades of gray to make him work. Sounds like time for a copic marker order. The Designer Paper is Stampin' Up and the Solids are Bazzill Basics (my closest to Old Olive) and Stampin' Up. The flowers and brads are from Michaels. The ribbon is from two of my favorite places in NYC - MJ Trimmings and Kate's Paperie. Try them both if you are there. The letters are Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" and the back
ground is the Swiss Dot Folder. I like to post Ellen J's version - It makes me want to get my get more shades of gray color copics.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just viewing your card as your comment posted to my blog!! Scarey! :)

I love your card! The saying is sooo perfect for Mr. Bear! Great coloring and layout too! Glad you could join us.

Els G. said...

Such a 'Beary' cute card! Love it. You combined the challenge colours beautifully.
Els
x

Katarina said...

I agree with the statement: the card is beary cute :)

kamadesign.blogspot.com

Carmen O. said...

What a cute card! Great job on the challenge.

Ziggyeor said...

too cute! I love the bear :D

Ziggy

mycardz said...

Hi! Congrats on winning the blog candy on the House Mouse Challenge blog! I hope you saw your name today :)

In response to your question about the ink for Copics, I always use either Memento or Amuse, in either the full size or dew drop size. Hope that helps, and congrats!! It's your lucky day!

Saskia said...

This is a lovely card!! Good luck with the 'blog candy' you won with this card!!

Greetings,

Saskia

http://lusaro-snippers.blogspot.com