Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines Day Creations and New Blog Format



New Blog Format and Updated/Edited Photos. I remain unhappy with the my photo quality versus what I see on the other blogs. Today I post the Valentine's Day Cards that I made yesterday. Lots of fun...my spare bedroom looks like a bomb went off...need to clean it up today. Thinking about the Splitcoast VSN next weekend. Haven't tried that yet but I think it will be fun.


The first card was for my husband...he got 4 lottery scratch-offs with the card and a Cold Stone Creamery Cake...he was in heaven. The cardstock was Stampin' Up Maine Blueberry, Raspberry Tart, and Kiwi Kiss. Also from the Paper Source the Chocolate Brown. I had a ton of this paper from my wedding invitations, save-the-dates - finally working it off a bit. The copper embossing powder, the scalloped circle Sissix die as well as the rub-on is from Stampin' Up. Michaels for the flowers and the brad. I think Tom even liked the card :-).

The second card was a birthday card for my neice who's birthday is on Valentine's Day and turned 16!!. The stamped image is from Toodles and Binks. I purchased after I fell in love with it when I saw it used on the PaperMonkey. I bought the stamp online - but then realized I had no supplies for unmounted stamps. After a couple of months I have finally mounted

the stamp and have used it for the first time. I STILL LOVE IT. I colored the stamp with copic markers. The paper is Stampin' Up Raspberry Tart Designer Series and Kiwi Kiss. The rub-ons...becoming one of my new favorite things...are also from the same set as the card for my husband from Stampin' Up. The scalloped circle was done with my Cuttlebug and a Sissix Die. I also used Crystal Effects on her boots - very fun!! Flowers are from Prima and the brads from Michaels. Finally, the Ribbon is from MJ Trimmings.








My 3rd card (my 4th that was sent off to my Valentines was the extras from the card swap from my previous post using the Woodland Elves from Pollycraft) is also using a stamp colored with Copic Markers from Toodles and Binks. How can you order a stamp from across the big pond and only pick one - I picked two - I thought is was very cute. Not sure if really a Valentines stamp but I think my niece Kiersten will love it. The cardstock is Stampin' Up and the Paper Source. The flower is PRIMA. The brads and ribbon are from Michaels. The stamp is from a Stampin' Up set and the ink is '07 InColor Vintage Violet.

1 comment:

Darci said...

Where is my valentine? I love them all! Also, the tall and thin card - awesome. Love the new blog format. I am going to check it out